MSMC Forums  

Go Back   MSMC Forums > Discussion > Moto News

Old April 4th, 2021, 07:42 AM   #1
MSMC NewsBot
All the news that's fit to excerpt...

Name: News

Motorcycle(s): virtual

[motorcycle.com] - 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT Video Review

For a helluva lot of American motorcyclists, tradition is important, and a lot of people want something that looks traditional on the outside, even if itís verging on revolutionary inside. I think thatís kind of whatís going on with Hondaís new Rebel 1100. The profile says cruiser, but a slightly closer look reveals Hondaís done trying to copy Harley with fake cooling fins and plastic chrome gewgaws (though the Fury et al remain in the lineup). The new Rebel wears its liquid-cooled 1084cc Unicam parallel Twin from the Africa Twin right out in the open.

The Rebelís cruiser ergos had my hip flexors concerned at first, but even my old body adapted pretty quickly to the highish pegs beneath the 27.5-inch seat. I could hang my 30-in legs atop the pegs when droning along to stretch them out. For 5í8Ē me the handlebar was a bit forward; later I was able to rotate it down and rearward a smidge, where it was just about perfect. For me, the thick seatís a fine shape and comfortable enough.

For sporty backroad use, the suspensionís dialed. With 4.3 inches of trail, a 59.8-in. wheelbase, that fat 18-in. front tire and its low cg, the Rebelís more about stability than quick handling. But that doesnít mean itís not as fun as any other motorcycle to throw at corners. Honda claims itís got 35 degrees of lean in both directions, but it feels like more. The footpegs donít begin to drag until it feels like youíre going plenty fast for the Dunlop D428 cruiser tires. For a sportbike, 509 pounds is a bit porcine; for a cruiser itís pretty light.

The intended milieu of the cruiser, though, is cruising, and for blathering around town the Rebel, especially the DCT, is king. The low seat is swell for stop-and-go. Sitting there on the Rebel on a nice dayís as easy as sitting in a car with an automatic, seeing and being seen. Short bikes make you look taller. Oh yess… Iím a bad boy, a Rebel. Great bike!*

Become a*Motorcycle.com*insider. Get the latest motorcycle news first by subscribing to our newsletter*here.

The post 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT Video Review appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

Click here for full story...