MSMC Forums  

Go Back   MSMC Forums > Discussion > Moto News

Old December 4th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1
MSMC NewsBot
All the news that's fit to excerpt...

Name: News

Motorcycle(s): virtual

[kropotkin thinks...] - Guest Blog - Mat Oxley: 2013 MotoGP season review (Part 1)

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

MotoMatters.com is delighted to feature the work of iconic MotoGP writer Mat Oxley. Oxley is a former racer, TT winner and highly respected author of biographies of world champions Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi, and currently writes for Motor Sport Magazine, where he is MotoGP correspondent. We are featuring sections from Oxley's blogs, which are posted in full on the Motor Sport Magazine website.

2013 MotoGP season review (Part 1)

This is going to sound corny as hell – I believe the biggest winners of the 2013 MotoGP World Championship were the fans. MotoGP had had a dark few years of tedious racing, working itself into a technical tangle, just like Formula 1.

A combination of engineering changes and 250-derived riding styles had developed beautifully balanced bikes, which, when ridden by inch-perfect ex-250 riders, could do the same lap times from lights-out to chequered flag. Valentino Rossi’s former crew chief Jeremy Burgess referred to these races as “procession races”, and he was right (as he usually is).

The biggest change in 2013

read more