MSMC Forums  

Go Back   MSMC Forums > Discussion > Moto News

Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1
MSMC NewsBot
All the news that's fit to excerpt...

Name: News

Motorcycle(s): virtual

[kropotkin thinks...] - MotoMatters Speaks To BSB Racer Peter Hickman

If you enjoyed reading this article, please click here to view it on Kropotkin's site, MotoGP Matters.

-----------------

MotoMatters were fortunate to recently get a chance to fire some questions at Peter Hickman, who is riding for GBmoto racing this year. Dave Porter set the questions and Peter was very glad to offer his insight and opinions on a few matters to do with racing -

MM: Peter, congratulations on racing with GBmoto Racing for 2013 in BSB. I know there is a wait till Round 1 at Brands in early April so wondered what your first impressions were of your new team.

PH: Thanks! I'm really happy to be riding with GBMoto. The team are absolutely fantastic and I couldn't wish for anything more. I've brought my old faithful mechanic Dazza (@dazzaj308) with me and I'll be back working with Tim Allen who I last worked with in 2011 with Tyco Honda, so it's all looking really good.

MM: With testing being limited to only 12 days this year and foreign trips excluded what chance have you had to get used to the team and the bike so far. Do you feel this is enough time to become familiar with the bike.

PH: Well the good news is, although 12 days is not a massive amount of time, it is the same for everyone. I'm not too fussed about the abroad testing, apart from it being a good giggle and bonding with the team in a relaxed environment. In fact when I first signed with the team they were planning on quite an extensive Spanish testing programme and I asked them to cut it down to just 3 days away as I would prefer to spend the cash on testing on the circuits that I am going to race on back here in the UK.

read more